New year. New day. The Journal of Physical Science and the publisher, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Press) would like to wish our readers many happy new year. May 2017 bring more prosperity to everyone.
Here are some key activities and happenings throughout the year 2016 for Journal of Physical Science:
New Team Line-up
The year 2016 began with the appointment of new Editor-in-Chief, Prof. Dr. Abdul Latif Ahmad from School of Chemical Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia. A prolific researcher and academic, Prof. Dr. Abdul Latif is recipient of numerous awards and accolades, both locally and internationally. Among the many awards he has received thus far include being named as one of the recipients of The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds in 2014, Merdeka Awards (2014), Korean’s World Inventor Award (2013 and 2014), and The Malaysia’s Rising Star 2015. Along with Prof. Dr. Abdul Latif, the journal has also been strengthened with the additions of new editorial board members.
As part of the growth plan, beginning 2016, Journal of Physical Science also began publishing three issues per year, as opposed to two issues in the previous years. Altogether, the journal published a total of 28 articles in the year 2016.
In 2016, Journal of Physical Science was announced as the recipient of the Ministry of Higher Education’s Current Research in Malaysia (CREAM) Awards. Introduced in 2015, CREAM Awards are given to identified scholarly journals published in the country showcasing promising growth, as part of the incentive to encourage continued excellence in research and publications.
We thank our readers and reviewers for the continued support to the journal. Our hope is that 2017 will be the year Journal of Physical Science continues to flourish and achieve more big things, and our readers remain actively engaged with us.
We are pleased to inform our readers that the latest issue of Journal of Physical Science, Vol. 27, No. 3, the third and final issue of 2016, is now published and available for download.
The latest issue consists of 10 articles as following:
- Combustion Kinetics of Shankodi-Jangwa Coal, by Bemgba Bevan Nyakuma, Aliyu Jauro, Olagoke Oladokun, Tuan Amran Tuan Abdullah and Habibu Uthman
- Influence of KMnO4 Substitution on the Structural and Transport Properties of Tl2Ba2Ca(Cu1-xRx)2Oδ+6 System, by Belqees Hassan, Ali Alnakhlani, Abdulhafiz Muhammad and Muhammad Ali Al-Hajji
- Transmission of Natural Radiation from Soil to Maize Plants and Radiological Hazards Resulting from Consumption in Upper Egypt, by Ahmed Mohamed Ahmed Mostafa, Mohamed Amin Mahmoud Uosif, Reda Elsaman and Elsayed Moustafa
- Intercalation of Schiff Base Ligands with Copper (ІІ) and Nickel (ІІ) Cation-exchange Montmorillonite (MMT) Nanoclay, by Wan Ahmad Kamil Mahmood, Ali Hossein Kianfar, Mohammad Hossein Azarian, Nurul Fatin Farhana Ismail and Sakinah Md Tia
- Thermogravimetric and Kinetic Analyses of Oil Palm Empty Fruit Bunch (OPEFB) Pellets Using the Distributed Activation Energy Model, by Bemgba Bevan Nyakuma, Arshad Ahmad, Anwar Johari and Tuan Amran Tuan Abdullah
- Effect of 460 and 532 nm Laser Light on the Erythrocyte Deformability of Anaemic Blood Samples, by Nursakinah Suardi, Mohamad Suhaimi Jaafar, Mohd Zulkifli Mustafa, Abdul Rahim Hussein and Zalila Ali
- Investigation of Gamma Radiation Shielding Properties of Some Zinc Tellurite Glasses, by Shams Issa, Mohamad Sayyed and Murat Kurudirek
- Properties of Recycled Polypropylene/Chloroprene Rubber Blends: The Effects of Dynamic Vulcanisation, by Chan Ming Yeng, Salmah Husseinsyah and Nurul Azra Bakaruddin
- Conducting Polypyrrole/Graphene Nanocomposites as Potential Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Materials in the Ku-band, by Prerna Ramnath Modak, Deoram Vithoba Nandanwar and Subhash Baburao Kondawar
- Fabrication of Cellulose Aerogel from Sugarcane Bagasse as Drug Delivery Carriers, by Suk-Fun Chin, Fiona Beragai Jimmy and Suh-Cem Pang
Note that beginning 2016, Journal of Physical Science publishes three issues per year, as opposed to two issue in the previous years.
On behalf of Editor-in-Chief and the publisher, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Press), we congratulate all authors on their contribution.
We are pleased to announce that the Journal of Physical Science has been selected as recipient for Ministry of Higher Education’s Current Research in Malaysia (CREAM) Awards.
CREAM is an incentive by Malaysia’s Ministry of Higher Education to encourage continued excellence in research and publications, and maintaining visibility in major databases, given to a selected number of academic journals in the country.
Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM Press) and the editorial team are honoured with this recognition. This is certainly a new milestone which will further spur the team’s commitment in creating impact in scholarly publications.